Sports halls acoustics can be particularly harsh. Sports halls and gymnasiums spaces are normally oversized, hollow and comprised of durable, yet hard and reflective surfaces. The result is an echo chamber of harsh noise, with reverberation times that can easily reach over 5 seconds. Throw into the mix large crowds, a highly vocal environment and intense sporting activity and you can have a very hostile sound environment. Poor sports hall acoustics can mean that instructors are unable to be heard, personal training sessions can lack privacy, and an unfriendly user environment is created. Additional challenges are posed to school sports halls, which must meet strict BB93 compliance guidelines and should create acoustic comfort for a multitude of uses – assemblies, plays and exams etc.
The most simple and cost effective way to reduce noise in a sports hall is through the installation of sports hall acoustic wall panels or ceiling panels. The correct concentration and placement of panels minimises the number of hard, reverberant surfaces in sports halls and can trap up to 90% of background noise. Depending on the size, design and pre-existing noise environment of the sports hall in question, a bespoke acoustic panelling solution should be installed.
- Resonics offers a free assessment survey of your space that includes a calculation of the reverberation time in the room. This will help determine the correct materials – and their distribution and quantity – needed in order to deliver the perfect sound environment.
- The tailored installation will capture the correct amount of reverberant noise to the acceptable level of below 1.5 seconds for sports halls. Acoustic wall panels and ceiling panels in sports halls muffle noise upon impact, reducing the ability of sound waves to reach other reverberant surfaces and extend reverberation time.
- The result is restored auditory clarity. The installation may call for wall panels to be installed on opposing walls to eliminate the possibility of slapback echoes travelling through dead space.
- Our acoustic survey, full design and no obligation quotation service is completely free of charge throughout the UK.
- We focus on design, creating innovative, visually pleasing installations.
- Our noise assessment and design process ensures we specify the exact quantity of acoustic treatment required. Ensuring there is little waste and our customers are not over spending.
- We work closely with the leading acoustic product manufacturers to get the best prices for our customers.
- Our installers have a wealth of experience and knowledge meaning they can install even the most complex of acoustic systems.
It has made a huge difference for both the dining hall and the gym. Everyone loves it – especially the teachers!!
The Resonics installation at The Glebe Centre was completed courteously, efficiently, on time and to budget. The improvement was immediately obvious.
Thank you. I am delighted with the quality of the work. The final solution, attitude and communication were excellent.
We are absolutely delighted with the work! What a difference to the acoustics of the hall – so much better!
We are delighted with the work and attention to detail – especially in designing an interesting and aesthetic layout. There is also, of course, a considerable improvement in acoustic performance.
Thank you very much for your work it has made a vast amount of difference to the atmosphere and means quite a lot of people can work in the same room without annoying each other
The panels have made a significant difference to the noise level in the restaurant and we have had lots of positive feedback from customers. I would like to thank you and your team for providing this solution and the high level of service.