- 80 daily or weekly sound pressure peak of 135dB
- 85 daily or weekly sound pressure of 137 dB
HSE Set Limit Levels
- Employers must assess risk to workers’ health and provide training.
- Level at which employers must provide direct protection to workers.
Industrial Deafness: The New Whiplash” description=”Insurance companies are becoming increasingly aware of the sharp rise in industrial deafness claims over the last decade. In the two years to 2012, the UK’s top three insurers, RSA, Zurich and Aviva, each reported an overall average increase of 33% in industrial deafness claims, with the phenomenon being dubbed the new ‘whiplash‘. (‘This Is Money, 30 August 2014)”]
- As well as the risk of permanent hearing damage, excessive decibel levels in the workplace can cause a range of health and wellbeing issues for employees. In cases where hearing protection must be worn, feelings of isolation and discomfort are often reported. Excessive noise on a constant basis also causes fatigue and stress which in turn increases staff turnover and sick-leave – both of which have a negative effect on profitability.
- Clear communication between staff and the ability to hear important announcements are implicit in providing a safe working environment. Many industrial work settings present a higher number of safety risks due to the machinery and tools required to undertake work in these environments. Therefore it’s even more crucial in these settings that acoustic controls are in place to allow for effective communication.
- The fatigue and lack of centration that excessive noise causes undoubtedly has an effect on workplace productivity. Add to this poor communication, high staff turnover, persistent cases of sick leave and stress and together you have a recipe for an unproductive work environment where poor acoustics has become an environmental stress.
- Our acoustic survey, full design and no obligation quotation service is completely free of charge throughout the UK.
- We focus on design, creating innovative, visually pleasing installations.
- Our noise assessment and design process ensures we specify the exact quantity of acoustic treatment required. Ensuring there is little waste and our customers are not over spending.
- We work closely with the leading acoustic product manufacturers to get the best prices for our customers.
- Our installers have a wealth of experience and knowledge meaning they can install even the most complex of acoustic systems.
It has made a huge difference for both the dining hall and the gym. Everyone loves it – especially the teachers!!
The Resonics installation at The Glebe Centre was completed courteously, efficiently, on time and to budget. The improvement was immediately obvious.
Thank you. I am delighted with the quality of the work. The final solution, attitude and communication were excellent.
We are absolutely delighted with the work! What a difference to the acoustics of the hall – so much better!
We are delighted with the work and attention to detail – especially in designing an interesting and aesthetic layout. There is also, of course, a considerable improvement in acoustic performance.
Thank you very much for your work it has made a vast amount of difference to the atmosphere and means quite a lot of people can work in the same room without annoying each other
The panels have made a significant difference to the noise level in the restaurant and we have had lots of positive feedback from customers. I would like to thank you and your team for providing this solution and the high level of service.